Glenorchy District Football Club
Inclusion and Respect Policy – 2019
The Glenorchy District Football Club is committed to creating and maintaining a safe and inclusive environment for all members of the community, regardless of sex, age, cultural and linguistic. We also strive to ensure that women and men have equal opportunity to advance in the great game of Australian Rules Football (AFL) whether it be as players, volunteers, employees and supporters.
The Glenorchy District Football Club will:
- Respect the rights and dignity of every person and treat everyone equally regardless of age, gender, race, ability, religious belief, sexuality and/or preferences or social/economic status.
- Commit to ensuring that all have the right to enjoy the sport of AFL in a friendly and positive environment, free of harassment, intimidation and abuse.
- Ensure equality is adopted across all areas of our operations, including representation in the areas of decision-making.
- Recognise and that all roles within our club contribute to the overall success of the GDFC and that we have a responsibility to oppose discriminatory behaviour and promote equality and opportunity.
- Not tolerate discriminatory or oppressive behaviour of any kind and will investigate any complaints relating to such in a timely manner.
- Enforce disciplinary action against individuals of the club who are found to be engaging in behaviour that contradicts the club’s inclusion and respect policy.
- Educate and create awareness within our club and partner with government and other organisations where applicable to deliver programs and education designed to promote gender equality and the importance of inclusion.